Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Job Letter (In place of Motif Essay)

Dear to whom it may concern;


I’m a 16-year-old 10th grader that attends Constitution High School. I will be a member of the first class to graduate from CHS in 2010. During my first two years of high school I have obtained straight A’s and a 4.0 GPA. During my high school time I have taken an AP Biology class, Constitution course, African American course, Spanish I and II. I speak Spanish, French, and English. I’m involved in many school activities such as: Mock Trial, Student Government, Student Judge, Newspaper, and many other activities. I have gone to the “Lawyer For a Day” event, the NALP, The Association for Legal Career Professionals, and many other law based events.

I think I’m the best person for the job. I am a very hard worker and I’m very good at organizing things. I love to help people in need. I am a very detail oriented person. I used to work for my grandfather’s renovation business as his receptionist. I have experience answering phones, taking messages, and record keeping.

I believe that working for Ballard Spahr will be a great learning experience for me. This internship will show me the day-to-day operations of a law firm. I can experience how hard or easy it is to be a lawyer. I have always thought that it was fun to be a lawyer and that it was easy. This experience will help me to figure out if I really want to be a lawyer or not. This can also show me the ups and downs of being a lawyer. This internship can expose me to all types of lawyers. I believe that I learn better when I am experiencing something very important. I have always been told that the lessons that you learn while being a lawyer will help you later on.

No comments: