Thursday, January 10, 2008

Last Years NHD Project

Last year for my NHD project i did William Still as my topic.I learned a lot of information on Mr. Still. I learned that he was called the "father a of the underground rail road". He use to live here a nin Philadelphia and he tried his best to reunite families back together. Back then whits in the south had Slaves and they were not allowed to be free they had to be slaves. so some slaves ran a way from the south and came to Philly to be free. when they arrived, William Still gave them a place to stay and helped get to a safe place, where they could be free. As time went on he helped people reunite with there families. I loved doing the William Still project last year. Now there are freshman's working on the William Still project.

No comments: